CONIFA is seeking new board members across various departments for immediate placement
CONIFA’s Executive Committee is seeking to appoint a minimum of 3-4 new Executive Committee members to ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work in 2020 and 2021; to include a financial director, a legal director, a commercial director and a sponsorship director.
The roles are unpaid, voluntary positions. Reasonable travel expenses are paid.
Board members are expected to attend 10-12 board meetings via Skype per year, but also to participate in the life of the organisation between board meetings, advising various other CONIFA departments and acting in an ambassadorial role for CONIFA.
Board meetings are currently held weekday evenings (CET) via Skype.
Positions are advertised for a period of 2 years (term may be renewed) and would need to be agreed by the Executive Committee. Successful applicants will be voted into the roles by the Executive Committee at the next CONIFA AGM, taking place in Jersey in January 2020.
About the roles:
We are seeking to recruit a number of board members, and expect that different candidates will bring a range of skills and experience to CONIFA from the attributes listed.
We are also looking to recruit those who are not usually represented on executive boards; we want to make CONIFA more diverse, so applications are open to under-represented groups, including women and those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
CONIFA, the Confederation of Independent Football Associations, is the football federation for all associations outside FIFA.
It’s a global acting non-profit organization that supports representatives of international football teams from nations, de-facto nations, regions, minority peoples and sports isolated territories.
CONIFA was founded on the 7th of June 2013, and organized his first World Football Cup in June 2014 in Ostersund, Sweden.
CONIFA aims to build bridges between people, nations, minorities and isolated regions all over the world through friendship, culture and the joy of playing football. CONIFA works for the development of affiliated members and is committed to fair play and the eradication of racism.
To find out more, go to conifa.org
- Commitment to the objectives of CONIFA
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for CONIFA
- Willingness to fulfil the duties and standards of conduct required of a board member of an organisation that is global and represents over 300 million members
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues
- Experience of finance and fund accounting (for finance director role).
- Fundraising (e.g. from individuals, partnerships with business and/or society organisations, funding groups and/or sales of goods and services) (for commercial/sponsorship role)
- Working in a sporting/football environment
- Working for or with the following: managers and boards in all sectors & relevant structures e.g. financial organisations, legal organisations, media organisations, sporting groups, commercial roles, sales and marketing roles, sponsorship roles; event and project management roles
- Developing business models in voluntary sporting organisations comparable to CONIFA
- Legal qualifications and experience in commercial, regulatory or sports law
Expertise & knowledge
- Fundraising or seeking sponsorship for a group like CONIFA
- Financial management and/or experience managing budgets and P+L
- Sales management experience
- Legal experience
- Sports sponsorship or commercial knowledge
- Events or project management knowledge
- Ability to understand and interrogate financial reports
- Strategic planning skills
- Analytical skills
- Management / project management skills
- Commercial and / or sponsorship and partnership experience
- Ability to operate as part of a team
How to apply
Please submit a CV and a covering letter by Friday 10 January 2020, stating which role and why you wish to be considered for this, to CONIFA General Secretary Sascha Duerkop on firstname.lastname@example.org
Your covering letter should show how you meet each of the relevant requirements in the person specification. We will interview for the roles by Skype call with existing board members as soon as possible. Successful applicants will be invited to the CONIFA AGM in Jersey on Saturday 25 January (this travel would be at your own expense, so if this is not possible, we will speak with you on this date by Skype call instead).