The Confederation of Independent Football Associations (CONIFA) seeks suitably experienced volunteers to assist with media operations during the 2018 CONIFA World Football Cup, to be held in London from Thursday 31 May to Saturday 9 June.
The following positions are available:
- 1 x videographer (with video editing experience)
- 2 x photographers (preferably with sports photography experience)
- 4 x content and social media producers
Volunteers should be London-based and available for the entirety of the tournament.
CONIFA is a charity registered in Sweden, committed to strengthening international understanding and cultural awareness through football. CONIFA believes everyone should be able to play football, regardless of historic borders and international politics. CONIFA’s members include cultural and ethnic minority groups, sports-isolated territories, de facto and partially-recognised territories and United Nations member states. CONIFA is politically neutral.
CONIFA is a volunteer-run organisation – not even our President is paid a salary. Accordingly, CONIFA is unable to compensate our media volunteers, nor assist with their expenses. However, CONIFA is committed to delivering a rewarding and worthwhile experience. You will be working as part of a diverse and experienced media team, on an international-standard football tournament like no other. CONIFA is happy to provide references following the tournament.
Individuals interested in volunteering should email media[at]conifa[dot]org with the following documents:
- A cover letter of no more than one page, outlining your prior relevant experience, what you hope to gain from volunteering with CONIFA, your preferred role, your language abilities and your availability to assist on an ad hoc basis prior to the tournament;
- A resume/CV of no more than two pages;
- Links to three examples of your work in the media space (eg articles, photography, video content etc).
CONIFA particularly welcomes applications from people with cultural/ethnic/linguistic backgrounds aligning with our members. CONIFA is committed to a discrimination-free workplace, and is aiming to form a gender-balanced and ethnically-diverse media team.