Image credit: Creative Commons
Working for the Deputy Media Director and Design Manager, the Social Media Content Creator will be charged with creating social media video, stories, GIFs, memes, infographics and images for the CONIFA social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn) as well as the CONIFA website and newsletters. You will be social first in your thinking and will be required to come up with engaging, exciting and shareable videos, stories and images for the CONIFA audience. This is particularly important around CONIFA tournaments when video content becomes a crucial element in our communication strategy.
The position is voluntary (as are all CONIFA positions) and can be done remotely, with the expectation to communicate progress to the Deputy Media Director, the Design Manager and other CONIFA staff, as required.
Hours per month:
5-20 recommended but it is at the discretion of the Social Media Content Creator to set a working schedule that is manageable around other commitments. Hours will generally be in the 10-15 hours per month range, but will increase depending on if there is an event taking place.
The main tasks will be:
- Create YouTube videos from existing content, edit and publish them. Create thumbnails and titles for YT content
- Create Instagram and Facebook posts and stories from existing content and publish them
- Create Twitter posts from existing content and publish them
- Take photos and videos yourself for use on social media
- Post on social media channels and check performance; create monthly social media reports
- Work with the Deputy Media Manager and Design Manager on strategic content
- Edit content for tournaments alongside the CONIFA Media team
- Work with the CONIFA Media team on how to best utilise video content
- Good knowledge in editing videos for Instagram / Facebook stories and posts, and of social media in general
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro or other video editing software
- Knowledge of Photoshop for editing pictures
- Work experience as a video creator/editor (personal or in career)
- Demonstrable video editing and creation ability
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Experience in a similar role; up to date with social media trends
- Solid understanding of MyCujoo as a video platform
- Analytics and campaign management knowledge, Microsoft Office skills
What you will get from the role:
- An exciting chance to get experience in global football, working in a progressive, growing organisation using football for social empowerment
- A unique opportunity to gain experience in sports social media.
We understand that as a voluntary position the Social Media Content Creator will need to balance paid work commitments and are completely flexible in terms of working hours.
The position is voluntary (as with all CONIFA roles).
Please email a CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to become the CONIFA Social Media Content Creator to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2 August 2019.
CONIFA is dedicated to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, respecting and drawing on different perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge.