CONIFA Asia is seeking a Sponsorship/Marketing Director for an immediate start
The Sponsorship/Marketing Director will be in charge of developing the financial growth of CONIFA Asia, working alongside the CONIFA Asia team.
The role will involve seeking sponsorships for the committee itself, but also discovering potential hosts to work upfront on making an Asia Football Cup or similar financially feasible. The focus for the Sponsorship/Marketing Director (Asia) will be on finding sponsors for the Asia committee, as well as for further tournaments on the Asian subcontinent.
The position is voluntary (as are all CONIFA positions) and is remote, with the requirement to attend Skype calls up to twice a month and to communicate progress regularly to other members of the CONIFA Asia committee.
Hours per week: 5-10 hours recommended; but it is at the discretion of the Director to set a working schedule that is manageable around other commitments.
The main tasks will be:
- Liaising with potential sponsors to ensure the solid financial status of CONIFA Asia
- Creating short, medium and long-term plans for the financial development of CONIFA Asia and its members
- Providing assistance (budgeting) to member FAs in regards hosting an Asia Football Cup or smaller tournaments, alongside the CONIFA Asia Financial Manager
- Assisting hosts in making tournaments possible (assistance in marketing/sponsoring matters).
When taking on this challenging role, the Sponsorship/Marketing Director will be assisted by a team of fellow volunteers and can also expect the full support of a dedicated team of CONIFA Asia members.
- Knowledge of what CONIFA does and why, and the obstacles its members may face
- Strong skills and experience in regards marketing and sponsorship
- Grant-writing/fund-raising skills.
In addition, experience of the Asian subcontinent or culture would be advantageous.
The ability to speak a key Asian language (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, language of India, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic) would also be useful.
Benefits of your commitment:
- This is an exciting chance to get experience in football development, working in a progressive, fast-growing organisation using football for social empowerment
- A chance to make a real impact on the way to holding the first CONIFA Asia Football Cup in a globally minded, challenging and rewarding environment
- A unique opportunity to gain experience in international relations and sports administration.
However, enthusiasm and a desire to make a positive change for CONIFA Asia financially is the most important requirement. We understand that, as a voluntary position, the Director will need to balance paid work commitments and we are completely flexible in terms of working hours.
The position is voluntary (as with all CONIFA roles).
Please email a CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to become the CONIFA Asia Sponsorship/Marketing Director to email@example.com
CONIFA is dedicated to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, respecting and drawing on different perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge.