CONIFA is seeking a Website Manager for immediate placement
Working under the Media Director, the Website Manager will be in charge of managing all aspects of the website, which serves as the chief marketing tool for CONIFA.
The role will involve ensuring that the website is up to date with the latest events and news, as well as membership and CONIFA staff changes, as they occur. The Website Manager will also manage hosting and track analytics to ensure the website is running optimally.
The position is voluntary (as are all CONIFA positions) and is remote with the expectation to communicate progress regularly to the Media Director and other volunteer staff at CONIFA, as required.
Hours per month: 5-20 hours recommended but at the discretion of the Website Manager to set a working schedule that is manageable around other commitments. Hours will generally be in the 5-10 hours per month range, but will increase depending on if there is an event taking place.
The main tasks will be:
- Updating the website to post new content, as required by the Media Director and/or other members of CONIFA’s Executive Committee
- Optimizing images for the website
- Ensuring that the website is up to date for current members, staff and events
- Maintaining CONIFA’s brand through the look & feel of the website
- Keeping WordPress and associated plugins up to date and functional, or changing, as required
- Selecting an adequate hosting provider and looking after all issues with regards to hosting
- Being chief technical contact for CONIFA
- Expert communicator with a flexible schedule. CONIFA volunteers come from around the globe, so the ability to respond to requests, regardless of their origin, in a timely manner is key
- WordPress (Expert)
- HTML (Advanced)
- PHP (Intermediate)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Basic)
- Hosting (Advanced)
- Design Skills / Adobe Creative Suite
- Writing Skills
What you will get from the role:
- Exciting chance to get experience in global football, working in a progressive, growing organisation using football for social empowerment.
• A unique opportunity to gain experience in sports media
We understand that as a voluntary position the Website Manager will need to balance paid work commitments and are completely flexible in terms of working hours.
The position is voluntary (as with all CONIFA roles)
Please email a CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like to become the CONIFA Wesbite Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
CONIFA is dedicated to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from a diverse range of people, respecting and drawing on different perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge.